Practice these simple breathing exercises to get over the work stress while Working From Home.
Either you work from home or at your office, stress is a constant companion. No matter where you are working from all you need is to slow down and take a breath. It is easy to stress over work and its pressure. People tend to ignore their mental health and find themselves engrossed in meeting their deadlines. Stress not only takes a toll on our body and might also lead to an increased risk of hypertension, heart attack risk, and other disorders like insomnia. Especially now since most of us are working from home, the workload seems to be more. There are a bunch of ways one can release this stress. One of the man methods is to follow certain simple breathing exercises. We have made a list of such exercises that one can try at home while taking breaks from work.
Take a look at these breathing exercises:
-Put one hand on your chest and the other on your belly while breathing in
-The hand on your stomach should rise more than the one on your chest
-Breathe out and feel your belly lower
-Continue for more than three times
– Focus when you breathe in and out
-Breathing in calm and goodness
– Breathe out your negativity and stress
– Inhale and exhale for the same count
– Inhale slow count of five
– Exhale for another slow count of five
– Repeat for several minutes
– Take a deep breath in through your nose, allowing diaphragm (not your chest) to inflate to create a slight stretching sensation in your lungs. Slowly exhale.
– Taking 6–10 deep, slow breaths per minute for 10 minutes each day
Alternate nostril breathing (Pranayam)
– Sit in a comfortable meditative pose
– Press your thumb on the outside of one nostril. Inhale deeply through your open nostril.
– Release your thumb, press your ring finger on the outside of your other nostril, and exhale.