The name Cyanide and Happiness, if it sounds familiar, let us revisit your first brush with dark humour, and if not, let me introduce you to it.
It was one fine day that a friend recommended the Cyanide and Happiness comics to me, and I have never looked back since. It all began in the year 2004, and all thanks to Rob DenBleyker, Kris Wilson, Dave McElfatrick and formerly, Matt Melvin, the creators of he comic strip. I mean these are no achievements when it comes to art, because they are literally stick figures with un-stick figure like torsos, and the humour? Let’s just say you’ll need to a whetstone for your mind if you do not understand their jokes.
Unexpected, strange, dark, surreal, and downright cruel at times are the adjectives I would use to describe the Cyanide and Happiness comic strips and believe me, you will agree!
1. Told ya!
2. You can only admit you understand this one if you also admit you have watched Asian porn. Checkmate brother
3. Not a very patient doctor I see.
4. *All the social media marketers in the world laugh hysterically at once*
5. I AM NOT PAYING. NO.
7. Omg I’m so dad.
8. I’m not even sure how I feel about this.
10. *dabs and dies*
11. Putting the horse before the cart.
12. I did not see this coming at all
13. Yeah in that order, right.
14. For God’s sake Jim
15. What do you think drove him to drink?
Yes, that’s some dark shit, and yes WE LOVE IT!
*All of the above screenshots have been taken from the Cyanide and Happiness Facebook Page, and belong to their respective owners.