Mahendra Singh Dhoni –a storm that took Indian Cricket to such standards that it is a force to be reckoned with. Being Captain Cool, the best wicket-keeper, or excellent finisher, it all seems to come naturally to him. And while his career is a graph that has only gone up ever since he entered the pitch, there are some moments that are still hard to get over!
MS Dhoni is undoubtedly one of the best captains the Indian Cricket Team has seen, and all the big victories that are in our kitty under his leadership are a testimony to that fact. On his 38th birthday, we thought of looking back over some of his most iconic cricket moments. Take a look:
1. 2007 World Twenty20 Victory
This Day In 2007 MS Dhoni Led India To Inaugural T20 World Cup Win.
IND 157/5 (20)
PAK 152 (19.3)
— Sir Jadeja fan (@SirJadeja) September 24, 2017
— MS Dhoni Fans Official (@msdfansofficial) August 7, 2017
2. 2011 World Cup Victory
View this post on Instagram
MS Dhoni with World Cup Trophy and his Man of the Match award from the final. . . Use #cricket24x7 to get featured Follow us for more cricket stories @cricket24x7 Tag a friend who is a diehard fan of msd😍 #msdhoni #worldcup #manofthematch #2011worldcupfinal #indianteam🇮🇳 #indiancaptain #cricket24x7
3. 2013 Double Century in Tests against Australia
On this day, in 2013.
MS Dhoni scores 224 runs against Australia in Chennai chepauk stadium. 😍
1st INDIAN Captain
1st INDIAN wicket keeper
To register his double century in test match.!! 🙌❤️ pic.twitter.com/rvC0yxTnwP
— DHONIsm™ ❤️ (@DHONIism) February 24, 2019
🔝 On this day in 2013,
🏏 Thala MS Dhoni became 1st Indian Captain to score Double Century in Test Cricket!
— Whistle Podu Army ® – CSK Fan Club (@CSKFansOfficial) February 24, 2019
4. 2013 Champions Trophy Victory
— Akhil Rebelli (@akhilrebelli) July 6, 2019
.@msdhoni's list of victories is long but the most admirable is his lead role with #TeamIndia in 3 ICC tournaments – T 20 (2007), #WorldCup (2011) and Champions Trophy (2013) that India won. #IndigoBleedsBlue #ICCWC2019 #ICCWorldCup2019 pic.twitter.com/YmMmcDTUAU
— INDIGO Paints (@indigopaints) July 4, 2019
5. 15 Off 5 Balls –India was chasing 202 and lost 9 wickets, 15 runs were needed off the last over. Dhoni missed the first ball and after that, he hit 6,4,6 off next three balls –legendary!
6. Run-Out Against Bangladesh –Dhoni showed great presence of mind on the last ball of the match. He took his one of his gloves off before the ball and ran towards the stumps to tear them apart.
7. The infamous IPL fight –Dhoni was docked 50 percent of his match fees for entering the field of play to confront Umpire Gandhe for backtracking on a waist high no-ball.
8. The iconic Dhoni-split
9. MSD’s 100 stumpings: It was a new record surpassing Kumar Sangakkara’s 99 stumpings, that too playing less number of matches than him.
10. India’s most successful Test captain: In March 2013, Dhoni became the most successful Indian Test captain, surpassing Ganguly’s 21 Test victories. The win against Australia in Hyderabad was Dhoni’s 22nd win
That said Dhoni's achievements spectacular. He's led to T20 WC, 2011 World Cup, Champions Trophy & Test no.1 ranking. Best captain by a mile
— Cricketwallah (@cricketwallah) June 25, 2013
These are just a few among the innumerable great moments that he has had on-field! Tell us about your favorite Mahi moment!