Beware readers! July 13, 2018 is, as considered by some, an ominous day! Why? Well because it’s a Friday! It is an age old superstition (taking roots in the Western culture) that anything that can go wrong, does on Friday the 13th. It is the second of this year, the earlier occurred in April 13th.
The fear runs so deep that it is an actual phobia for some, with a name that is a tongue twister –paraskevidekatriaphobia! Apparently, the myth took its roots because it is believed that Jesus was crucified on a Friday and there were 13 people in the Upper Room while it happened. Scared yet?
Also Read:The world celebrates #MalalaDay to acknowledge this inspiration’s birthday
While there are some who are on their toes today, I’m sure there people like me who love the idea of a mug of coffee, a dark room and horror movies to binge watch on a scary day like this!
Here is a list of 13 gory movies to add to your bucket list for today:
1. The Shining (1980): The sun was definitely not shining in this one!
2. The Exorcist (1973): 7 demons inside 1 girl!
3. The Last House On The Left (2009): Parents are loving…and vengeful.
4. Psycho (1960): This will surely drive you crazy!
5. Oculus (2013): You will think twice before looking into a mirror after this.
6. The Insidious (2010): This one needs no introduction!(Watch the series!)
7. The Evil Dead (1981): Four friends are possessed and only one is left. Survival seems slim.
8. The Silence Of The Lambs (1991): It’s gonna go downhill if you ask for help from a psychopathic killer missy!
9. Hellraiser (1987): Bring human sacrifices to the ugly beast or die!
10. The Sixth Sense (1999): Nothing more creepy than using a child to communicate with the spirits.
11. The Blair Witch Project (2016): Looking for your sister could turn scary real fast!
12. A Nightmare On The Elm Street (1984): Your nightmares could actually kill you, you know?
13. The Ring (2002): Who knew a videotape could lead to deaths?
I hope the trailers didn’t drive you to your blankets because the movies have a lot of screaming in store for you! Keep your doors shut tonight people!