In between all the glamour and glitz of Bollywood celebrities on the red carpet at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival, something that went unnoticed were the big achievements that our bloggers brought home.
The French Riviera saw its first edition of the World Blogger Awards this year, and India shined on! And along side, our beautiful bloggers and creators graced the event with ample associations putting Indian Blogger and Creator community on the global map.
While the paparazzi might have very conveniently missed covering these digi-celebrities amidst the stream of Bollywood while Cannes 2019 was in full swing, they can’t do so now. Why? Well, because firstly, it was amazing to see so many Indian Influencer on the global map of this genre. And secondly, WE WON! More Power to them!
Read on to know more on this and all the influencer that left their mark at Cannes 2019:
1. Bhuvan Bam: *drumroll* The BB Ki Vines creator who is the first Indian to cross the 10 million subscribers mark on YouTube won the ‘Global Entertainer of the Year 2019’.
Truly elated on winning the highest honor as Global Entertainer of the year 2019, Bhuvan Bam said, ‘’ I feel extremely happy and proud to win ‘Global Entertainer of the Year’ on such a huge forum. This award rewards all of my hard-work and perseverance and I dedicate it to my BB Ki Vines army for always believing in me and never giving up. Onwards and upwards now’’
2. Ashish Chanchlani: *drumroll again* What started with mere Instagram vines for Ashish resulted in him winning the ‘Best Comedy Influencer Award’.
Excited and emotional on winning his award, Ashish Chanchlani said, ‘’I want to thank my family, my mom, day and sister Muskan, my team and all my friends, because of whom this is possible. And most importantly my followers and my fans, I thank them. I feel extremely proud to represent India here. Vande Mataram !‘’
Adding his infamous sense of humour and energy to action, Ashish Chanchlani after his acceptance speech, even managed to get hosts, the Lithuanian TV icon Greta Sapkaite and the famous food blogger and TV reality star FoodGod to say live on stage “Bijli ka bill, tera baap bharega?” – one of Ashish’s most iconic one liners.
3. Masoom Minawala: The famous fashion blogger walked the red carpet for L’Oreal.
4. Diipa Khosla: The global hot-shot Indian influencer also walked the red carpet and looked absolutely beautiful.
5. Kusha Kapila: Our very own Billi Mausi was also present at the French Riviera. She bagged endoresment deals with big global names like, Grey Goose, Chopard, and Airbnb.
6. Gaurav Chaudhary: Our one stop for any technical troubles, the Technical Guruji also won the award at this prestigious event.
Gaurav Chaudhury aka Technical Guruji, who couldn’t make it to Cannes, sent a very touching video message on receiving ‘The Best technical Influencer’ Award, that mentioned “I thank all my subscribers and followers who always stood along, and with their valuable feedback and incredible support, made this journey a smooth sail for me.”
It is surreal how the industry of influencer has grown at the speed of lightning and that India has such a big role in its growth. We congratulate everyone that represented the country and brought home laurels.