Jennifer Lynn Lopez, a.ka., our beloved JLo is celebrating her 50th birthday today, but can you even tell? It seems time stopped for this beauty 20 years ago. She’s an actress, dancer, singer, producer –basically there’s nothing that this woman can’t do! And with experience comes wisdom and she has that in abundance.
There are only few in this world that get to experience ‘stardom’, but most importantly, we’re all humans and go through similar things in life, even if the degrees of them may vary from each individual to another. We’ve all been through heartbreak, felt love, and doubted ourselves at some point. And in these times, inspiring words are our elixir. Turns out, Jennifer Lopez has a lot of them and we’ve some of them here for you to give you that push that all of us need at some stage or another.
1. You get what you give. What you put into things is what you get out of them.
2. Always remember. You will live. You will love. You will dance again.
3. Whenever it feels uncomfortable to tell the truth, that’s often the most important time to tell it.
4. Because you can’t expect to be treated great if you don’t first believe that you are great.
5. You have to take care of yourself, your body, your mind, take care of your soul—be your own keeper.
6. Sometimes you have to explore the darkness to get to the light and get back to who you are.
Also Read: 10 non-Harry Potter movies by Daniel Radcliffe that prove that he’s as versatile as they come!
7. It’s the messy parts that make us human, so we should embrace them too — pat ourselves on the back for getting through them rather than being angry for having gotten into them in the first place.
8. Being an artist doesn’t start because you’re 21, and it doesn’t end because you’re 51. You are who you are until the day you die.
9. Life’s too short to live the same day twice.
10. The bear is what we all wrestle with. Everybody has their bear in life. It’s about conquering that bear and letting him go.
11. What you need to know is, nobody can save you or heal you. Only you can do that for you.
12. You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.
13. Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.
14. I like to maintain a certain sense of fantasy in my life. I am kind of like that at home. Do I have the full hair and makeup? No. But I might have the nice dress on.
Ain’t she your mama? Well, probably not in the way she described but definitely in a ‘you gotta do what you gotta do’ way! Keep shining girl!