Bagga aka Gagan Arora got into a conversation with us and he talked about acting and more. Check out the complete interview here.
Gagan Arora is a young entertainer who began his acting career as Bagga from the popular web series College Romance. A commerce graduate, Gagan found his love in acting and moved to Mumbai to pursue his dreams. From assisting in the feature film Stree (2018) to portraying a popular character in one of the most loved web series, Gagan has come a long way. He also made his Bollywood debut with the 2019 release Ujda Chaman.
We got into a candid interview with the Gagan Arora and here is all he had to say:
1) What are you currently working on?
“It’s something in its very initial stages can’t disclose.”
2) What is the one thing you look for in a script/story?
“Freshness, the script needs to excite me. It can be anything a scene, a dialogue, or even a small nuance. So if it excites me, I’m in.”
3) What is your favourite genre?
“I really like crime detective drama, although I haven’t done any I would love to do an Indian Sherlock.”
4) Web series and OTT platforms have seen quite the growth globally as well as in India. What are your thoughts on the same?
“I think it’s the best time to be a part of the industry, for ages people have fought for this change and it’s finally here, and I’m blessed to be working in this era where content is the king. And major credit of that goes to the OTT platforms.”
5) What kind of trends in content and storytelling formats are you expecting to see in the coming times?
“See I still come from the school of thought that cinema / public watching experience is not going anywhere or I hope it doesn’t. But in terms of storytelling format, I think they are going to get smaller, sharper, crisper as we go ahead because the attention span is ever decreasing.”
6) One actor, who you want to collaborate with, in 2020?
View this post on Instagram
स्त्री | 3 days to go | My first film as an Assistant Director. Couldn't have asked for a better team to start my journey with @amarkaushik @abhishekkapur20 @vidhi_mystery @pavanshetty2105 @deepu_sharma_ @vipasha_arvind @kavita.thite. And whattaa fun and super talented star cast @rajkummar_rao @aparshakti_khurana @nowitsabhi. To all the chanduri nights ? #STREE #31staugust #intheatresnearyou P. S – yeah we were a very boomerang loving set ?
7) One director, who you want to collaborate with, in 2020?
8) What is the one character in a show/movie you wish you had played? (Can be contemporary or classic)
“I love sports, I wish I could be part of any sports film.”
9) Do you think massy films can have strong content as well? Or are these two mutually exclusive?
“Right now massy is content-led only, the shift has happened. All your big successes of this year and last were content-based cinema.”
10) Which is the one project that gave you the best learning experience?
“It has to be my first film – Ujda Chaman. I learnt a lot as an actor as well as a human.”
11) What does a day in your life look like?
“I’m a very lazy creature if given a chance I would never get out of bed.”
12) What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
“I love playing, any outdoor sport”
13) If not an actor what would you be?
“A director, that’s actually my first love.”
14) Social media has become an inseparable part of everyone’s lives these days. Especially public figures. Do you think it is intrusive or do you like engaging with your fans on these platforms?
“I love engaging with my people but in my own time.”
15) Which social media platform do you spend the most time on?
16) Which emoji do you use the most?
“The one with the sunglasses emoji.”
17) How important is it for you as a public figure to be active on social media?
“Very, it’s cohesive. A lot of work nowadays you get, comes by your presence on social media. I’m not a big fan of this, but that’s how things function.”
18) Does online negativity affect your mental health in any way or you steer clear of it?
“Not at all, I was taught at a very early age that it’s best to laugh at Negativity, kya pata wo bhi kabhi wapas Hass de.”
19) Lastly, any future projects that you can shed light on?
“I’m sorry can’t share much, right now.”
We wish Gagan Arora a great year ahead!