Naseeruddin Shah is undoubtedly one of the most talented actors in the Indian film industry. As he celebrates his 69th birthday, we’re revisiting some of his best dialogues that are etched into our memories thanks to his brilliant on-screen performances.
From mass entertainers to social dramas, from comedy to thrillers there isn’t one genre that this gifted artist hasn’t challenged himself with. In his career spanning over 47 years, he has been honoured with multiple national and international awards including the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan. He has proven time and again what great acting looks like and inspired thousands across the globe. He deftly captures every nuance his character has to offer through his acting and dialogues, leaving the viewer in awe of his talent. Which is why we’re revisiting some of his best ones so far!
Take a look:
Saat mukaam hote hai ishq mein … dilkashi, unss, mohabbat, aqeedat, ibaadat, junoon aur maut (Ishqiya)
2. Dosti ya dushmani, jab tak jam ke na ho … mazaa nahi aata (Lahoo Ke Do Rang)
3. Kuch hosh nahi rehta, kuch dhayan nahi rehta … insaan mohabbat mein insaan nahi rehta (Sarfarosh)
4. Gareeb aadmi ko na ungli nahi karne ka sahab (Aiyaary)
5. Koi m******* button dabakar mere liye yeh faisla nahin karega ki mujhe kab marna hai (A Wednesday)
6. Dimaag aur dil jab ek saath kaam karte hai na … toh farak nahi padta hai ki dimaag kaunsa hai aur dil kaunsa hai (Iqbal)
10. Dil cheez kya hai aap meri jaan lijiye … bus ek baar mera kaha maan lijiye … is anjuman mein aapko aana hai baar baar … deewar-o-dar ko gaur se pehchaan lijiye – Umrao Jaan
These are just one of the many many dialogues that no one else could have pulled off except Naseeruddin Shah. Which one do you like the most?