AirPods found lodged inside man's chest

Chitrangana Jain
New Update

Turns out the man had accidentally swallowed one of the Airpods while asleep, had to get emergency surgery to remove it.rPods

Image result for Man feels discomfort in chest, doctors find AirPods inside his body

Bradford Gauthier from Worcester, Massachusetts, US, was fine when he woke up one morning recently but experienced some difficulty when he tried to drink water. “It wouldn’t go down, I had to lean over to let it spill out into the sink. Gross,” he wrote on his Facebook profile. Gauthier added, something was “off with a lot of pressure in my chest”. He thought it was due to a dry throat or something from all the snow shoveling the night before.  Soon, he noticed that one of the AirPods, which he went to bed with was missing.

 “By that point, my son and wife had gotten the idea that I may have swallowed it. They brought it up jokingly at first". He added, "It seemed too coincidental that I would be missing it when I knew I went to bed with it, while I felt a distinct blockage in the center of my chest,”  Gauthier explained to KVEO.

His wife took him to the emergency room, where doctors did an X-ray only to find the missing earpiece lodged in the lower part of his esophagus. They performed an emergency endoscopy removed the wireless device.

“The GI physician said it’s extremely uncommon for a blockage not to be painful or severely discomforting,” the man told WWLP News 22. “It never occurred to me that could be a safety hazard. I was really quite lucky,” he added.

“Be careful listening to wireless headphones when you fall asleep, you never know where they’ll end up!” he warned others in his post.

Check out the Facebook post here - Bradford Gauthier

Also Read - Uttarakhand glacier burst caused floods and massive damage in several areas

Apple Social Media news USA news Twitter News global news sleep health Apple products news roundup news roundup update Airpod Max news 2021 airpod in chest airpod in food pipe Bradford Gauthier gross swallowed airpod x-ray