Cinema and exotic locations go hand in hand. Sunny beaches, lush forests, quaint country houses, and quiet walks under the moonlight with your love –everyone has dreamt of visiting all these surreal places at least once in their lives, all thanks to Bollywood.
Spain, Belgium, New York, Greece, London – there’s barely any location left that our B-town hasn’t visited and taken us through their lens. And though we wonder how the heroine doesn’t freeze to death while dancing in a saree between snow-capped mountains, we can’t deny it makes us want to be there too!
While it is true that it takes a lot of planning and money, it doesn’t hurt to make a dreamy bucket list! Here are all the movies that gave us a long list of must go-to places:
1. Spain: The country has been beautifully showcased in the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara with its sceneries and sports.
2. Corsica, France: Imitiaz Ali’s Tamasha really showed people how gorgeous this French island (like all things french, duh!)
3. Paris: Wanna go on a solo trip like our Queen? Which place could be better than Paris! The beauty of the city of love has also been shown in movies like Befikre, and London Paris New York.
4. Amsterdam: The amazing Amsterdam and its streets (even the red light areas!) have been shown in Queen and Hum Tum.
5. Switzerland: Swiss chocolates, watches, and its landscapes are all very popular and to watch it in films like Kabhi Khusi Kabhi Gham, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge, and Bachna Ae Haseeno.
6. London: The tradition of the Raichand family in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham to study in Oxford University really bought it onto the Bollywood map, along with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge and Namastey London. It has been shown in various movies such as London Paris New York.
7. Turkey: Locations like Istanbul, Mardin, and Antalya have been shown in multiple movies like Ek Tha Tiger, Dil Dhadkane Do, and Race 2.
8. Tunisia: Tunisia is still a lesser explore destination by Bollywood. However, we saw a glimpse of this breathtaking country in Dil Dhadkane Do.
9. Egypt: Numerous songs from famous movies like Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, and Singh is King have been shot with the backdrop of the great pyramids of Egypt. Dil Dhadkane Do was also shot here.
10. New York: The hip and happening life of this city has played a major role in movies like English Vinglish, Kal Ho Na Ho, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, London Paris New York, and Anjaana Anjaani.
11. Las Vegas: The strip clubs, casinos, and glittery night life of Vegas has been shown in movies like, Anjaana Anjaani, Kites, and Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu.
12. Budapest: Another lesser explored location by Bollywood, the capital of Hungary was seen prominently in Jab Harry Met Sejal and is definitely breathtaking.
13. California: The artistic places and monuments of California have been covered in Happy Ending. You can also see the city of San Francisco in My Name Is Khan.
14. Singapore: Singapore has always been a hot tourist place and I’m sure its tourism saw a hike after it was seen in movies like, Krrish, Badrinath Ki Dulhania, and Dear Zindagi.
15. Dubai: This middle eastern destination attracts tourists like a moth to a flame and it is definitely shown in all its glory in films like Race, Welcome, and Hamari Adhuri Kahani.
16. Thailand: The sunny beaches and islands of Thailand are great place to let off steam and it was shown in a fun way in comedy movies like, Ready, and Partner.
17. Greece: The land of ancient gods and mesmerizing architecture can be seen in films like Chalte Chalte and Bang Bang.
18. Philadelphia: The largest city of Pennsylvania has been seen in many Hollywood movies and is slowly seeping into Bollywood too with films like Badmaash Company, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, and Kurbaan.
19. Miami: The beaches and night life of Miami make it perfect to holiday with friends and the movie Dostana vouches for it!
20. Belgium: The country has beautiful cobble stoned streets and churches among other things and it has been beautifully portrayed in the movie PK.
Gorgeous, aren’t they? Well, what are you waiting for? Get planning and get traveling!