Instagram today announced a new feature, Remix, to provide a new way to create, share your reaction, and add your own perspective and fun on Reels.
Remix lets you create your own Reel, along-side an existing reel. Interactive tools like Live Rooms, polls and questions in Stories, and AR effects have always been a huge part of how people connect on Instagram. Now we’re excited to bring that collaborative magic to Reels, and give people more ways to create and engage with the trends, songs and creators that are making culture on Instagram with Remix.
Isn’t it fun to use, here is how you can also make some fun Remix Reels:
- Find a great reel
- Tap the three dot menu on a reel and select “Remix this Reel”
- The screen will split into the original reel and your new one — start recording your Remix! Your recording will be side-by-side to the original reel
- Once recorded, you can control the volume for the original audio, your recorded audio, and add a voiceover. To edit volume controls tap the slider icon up top, to add a voiceover tap the microphone icon up top
- Edit as you desire, and post your remixed Reel!
- Only newly uploaded Reels will have Remix enabled.
Since the launch of Reels last year, several features have been added to it. This includes extending the recording time limit up to 30 seconds, extending the countdown timer to 10 seconds while recording, and adding options to trim and delete clips from the timeline. There have also been updates to the audio features, where you can now save audio clips, share audio pages, and browse for trending songs.