Bal Thackeray is a worshiped name in every Marathi household. We all know him by the Indian Politician who found Shiv sena, a right wing Marathi and worked in the development for the same community, but here are some lesser known facts about him that we want to recall on his birth anniversary.
Also not forgetting he had started his career as a cartoonist with the English language daily The Free Press Journal in India. He was highly praised for his cartoons.
From being a cartoon artist in the free press journal to the this is the beauty of democracy.. Be optimistic #Balasaheb
— Clifford Bansode (@CliffordBansode) November 15, 2012
Some unknown facts about Balasaheb are:
1.When Amitabh Bachchan was recovering from his Coolie injury, Balasaheb presented him with a cartoon entitled ‘Defeating Yamraj’
— Yograj Patel (@ygrjp) November 18, 2012
2. Bal Thackeray has illustrated for a Malayalam book titled Nātōtikkappalil nālumāsam
3. Many of us have misconception that Bal Thackeray and William Makepeace Thackeray are related but they are not. William Makepeace Thackeray was a british novelist and author where as BalaSaheb was an Indian politician.
There is one Bal Thackeray and one William 'Makepeace' Thackeray. Two men who's names itself are ironical to each other.
— Neil (@rajneilkamath) January 8, 2012
4.Did you know? Michael Jackson has visited the Sena chief and reportedly autographed the toilet he used during the visit. Bal Thackeray, whose own brother was a music director, presented the king of pop with a silver tabla and taanpura.
Apparently Michael Jackson visited Bal Thackeray and reportedly autographed the toilet he used during the visit. #Shivsena
— Sara Hayat (@saratamman) November 2, 2015
Michael Jackson meets Amit Thackeray during his visit to Mumbai Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray invited Jackson to… http://t.co/F7ATV7Sv
— syed bilal ahmed (@syedbilalahmed3) February 18, 2013
5. Even though there has been a lot of phus about Bal Thackeray’s behaviour and his extreme patriotism for mahastrains he was always a family person. He maintained good relations with family of his supporters too. Like any other man would he loved his family.
6. Bal thackeray was also the chief editor of the marathi newspaper ‘Saamana’
Saamana is a Marathi-language newspaper published in Maharashtra, India. The paper was launched on 23 January 1988 by Bal Thackeray.
My guess is this is what made Maharashtrian's proud of him and his follower.
— Together We Can (@urlivelyfriend) January 22, 2019
#Best5Journalists Bal Thackeray Cartoonist 4TheFreePressJournal &founder of Marathi-language newspaper Saamana.
— ?? T A Rajagopal ?? (@rithikaraj) March 18, 2016
7. It is said that 13 has always been an unlucky number for everyone but not for Bal Thackeray it was his favourite number!
8. Bal Thackeray was the one who openly admired Adolf Hitler and was an anti-communist
— Loaded Fats (@AggNail) November 25, 2012
Bal Thackeray's admiration for Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany and their methods pic.twitter.com/4CoDeA5Orr
— ਪੰਜਾਬ ਨਾਗਰਿਕ (@akdwaaz) January 23, 2018
9.Yanda Gundu a Humiliating term was used by Bal Thackeray for South Indians which had created huge stir for disrespecting south indians .
(I’m south Indian, and I really like the term yanda gundu as a kid)
And even after all the controversies about Bal Thackeray will always be remembered for being the man he was and wishing him a Happy Birthday.
— Yoro – Photos, Videos, Stories, Chat & Camera (@yoroapp) January 23, 2019
Also also “Thackeray” movie is going to be released based on Balasaheb’s life releasing on 25th of january, 2019 which would be played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui.